Wednesday, March 14, 2012

14th March 2012

I struggle a little as a photographer so, after claiming there were thousands of birds, it’s taken three days to get a photo of more than just a handful. Yes there have to be a couple of hundred in this tiny slice of activity alone, and I’m guessing they’re some kind of gull, but the main thing for me is the birdsong anyway. Unfortunately I left my video camera at home so can’t properly capture that this time, but really I’m just trying to keep myself occupied in as simple a way as possible. I’m not pretending to share a dedicated hobby as I’m a complete beginner, and I just like being outdoors.

So today I began to feel quite a bit better in myself, though I still have a bad head. That should ease before long I reckon as I feel increasingly relaxed in this beautiful environment. And I didn’t bother one tiny bit when I came across a couple of women out walking several dogs, and only one was on a lead. A long lead though, and I like to keep my distance from unknown dogs as I’ve been bitten quite a few times over the years. Their Rottweiler was left to it’s own devices, and came within sniffing distance before wandering off into the trees. That was good. No, it was the dog on the lead that would happily have taken my leg off if released and that certainly broke the peace! It got within arm’s length before being hauled in, and whilst they didn’t exactly apologise they explained it had been attacked by another dog and was still being trained to be more sociable. Each to their own, but dog walking looks like hard work to me.

I’m trying to do nothing. Just relax with my book and walk a little. Okay, the walk was my longest in several months, maybe 4 or 5 miles, but basically I’m succeeding. But just now I was half listening to Front Row on the radio where they were reviewing the new Joan MirĂ³ exhibition at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. This was one of our favourite places for a day out and we went there in January last year as a birthday treat for Jane, even though she was becoming seriously ill by then. I have many wonderful memories of the place and would love to create some more, though I’m not so sure about MirĂ³ as his type of work always provoked engaging debate for the journey home. I don’t know if I’m ready to visit on my own just yet; it could be a very sad day out. Ugh… and now I’ve made myself feel all lonely again! I need a friend to do things like that with.

James 2:23 ‘And so it happened just as the Scriptures say: “Abraham believed God, and God counted him as righteous because of his faith.” He was even called the friend of God.(NLT)

No comments: