Saturday, March 24, 2012

24th March 2012

What a beautiful day! Yes spring has certainly arrived in Derby. And despite my earlier doubts a few of my daffodils have survived to add their particular splash of colour to the garden. I’ve been busy most of the day as well, which is encouraging as I still feel ok. Yes, the morning started with a bit of extra cleaning around the house which for sure needs it, and then my daughter and her youngest paid their usual Saturday visit, so a little more effort had to be the order of the day! But then I got carried away fitting the newly washed curtains and bedding back into my motorhome, and of course I just had to get my bucket and brush out to clean the outside. That can be quite a job as it’s rather a large vehicle, though today I avoided getting a ladder out to tackle the roof. But after another load in the washing machine I needed to sit down… and so I read my book for a while, over lunch. Ok, I admit Formula 1 qualifying kept me seated for an hour as well but then, as it was still sunny, I couldn’t resist getting my lawn mower out for the first time this year. And now I feel satisfied with this almost ‘normal’ day.

But it’s all relative. I still had a bad headache and needed to overcome mild exhaustion in order to get going, and whilst I’ve been able to get through a list of jobs, the pace of work is almost painfully slow. I so want to see the back of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I love to work, long and hard, and life is enormously frustrating when I can’t. But today was a relatively good day and I’m really hopeful of good progress through the course of the year. Especially as I don’t usually feel this ‘lively’ until after the summer months. I need to continue with careful activity management and persevere with my pacing programme, which is focussed upon walking as often as possible. That and plenty of sun could see a step change for the first time in several years. I’m also considering another short break this week as my most recent camping holiday was particularly beneficial. I just have to ignore the decorating that desperately needs doing and focus upon my health. That’s not easy. It may sound strange but much as I love camping I really would prefer to work.

Colossians 3:23 ‘Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters’ (NLT)

No comments: