Wednesday, July 04, 2012

The Peace of God

It is here that I find peace, here that I meet with God. This is the view from my motorhome cab on a beautiful afternoon, defying the recent weather forecast. Yes, I’ve been sitting on Deal beach, albeit transported across the galaxy with my latest sci-fi novel. Kindles are great. But nothing happens here, I speak to almost no-one, do very little, and yet I feel completely relaxed, totally at peace. The presence of God is so very special, and he is surely with me, as always, but somehow even more so as I spend time alone with him. I can feel the burden of grief being lifted off my shoulders and dare I say it without any hint of guilt… I almost feel happy again. And that’s weird, it doesn’t make sense, it’s illogical. I’m gonna stay around awhile longer. A couple of weeks or so, and recover as much as I can. Time for a long cold drink… again.

Philippians 4:7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.’ (NLT)


No comments: