Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Journey Home

They say all good things come to an end… I don’t accept that! So today I returned from my holiday, and yes I have had a good time, and yes I have just driven 215 miles. But actually I also enjoy travelling, especially driving my motorhome.

Today was one of my best ever journeys. Relatively little traffic and very little to slow me down.

But yeh, always road works. I’ve been making the same trip to the south coast for many years, and cannot remember a single journey without many miles of cones. Let’s stay positive then… at least it’s good for fuel economy on my large vehicle!

A few years ago I spent 4 hours almost within sight of the Dartford tunnel, as it was closed after an accident. Never did work out why we couldn’t use the alternate tunnel, maybe the bridge was closed due to high winds or something. Anyway, today no problem, and only a momentary halt at the toll booth.

So was I tempted by this picturesque service station? Not today.


And certainly no diversion to the safari park.

Philippians 3:14 I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.’ (NLT)

No comments: