Thursday, December 22, 2011

22nd December

Well there I was minding my own business thinking ok, it’s that time of day again. Time to blog. Then before I could even sit down I was ‘covered’ in anti-freeze… in my own living room at that! No it’s nothing to do with my car… it’s simply my son upgrading his gaming computer. His old one was water cooled and that’s something he’s decided not to bother with anymore whilst reusing the case. But it’s good to know the old man can still be useful when building a computer. It’s swallowed up most of my evening though and now it’s getting just a little too late to think much about blogging.

Anyway today has had it’s own challenges as I’ve been working on my home movies, filmed over the last year. And I had a real good time filtering out the raw footage useful for constructing my 2011 family movie. Until I found a bunch of files labelled birthdays. For a happy hour I’d sat engrossed in grandchildren world as they played in castles and paddled in the sea. And it only cost me a quietly controlled sob when the heart of stones we made on Deal beach as we remembered Jane came to the fore. The problem arose after watching the first of the forgotten birthday clips. It took only a moment before I realised I was viewing Jane’s birthday party from last January. And the explosion of grief was quite unbearable. But the transition from the heights of happiness to the depths of sadness in mere seconds was quite a shock. Almost unbearable, until I worked through another set of files which I’d filmed on Christmas Day last year and that really was too much. I guess I’ll find a way to make a DVD sometime but I can’t imagine being able to enjoy watching it for a long time no matter how charming the children are.

Philippians 4:13 ‘For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.’ (NLT)

No comments: