Sunday, August 12, 2012

Family

Where would I be without my lovely family? Yes these are my grandkids, and together with my own four children and partners we all had a very special time this weekend with a picnic at nearby Elvaston Castle. Ok, it’s really a country park with only an old manor house and from what I can see never has seen a castle as such at this site. But there you go, we were only bothered about climbing trees and bizarre concrete follies anyway. My family means everything to me, especially at the moment. And I love my grandkids, we always have a wonderful time together. I’m constantly surprised that they are happy to spend any time at all with this lonely old grandad. Hey, less of the old Dave! Just this afternoon the eldest paid a brief visit with her mum to collect their computer which had needed repairing; and she even asked to stay a while longer. Maybe she had chores waiting at home; doesn’t matter, she still asked. They have to be one of my life’s greatest blessings and such a privilege that so many don’t have.

Well I’m continuing to feel stronger and beginning to function more normally. I even managed a little hedge cutting this afternoon, though the battery lasted only a few minutes for which I was grateful. But I did it! I’m determined to remain as strong, fit and healthy as I possibly can by persevering with ‘normal’ activity as much as possible. I’m trusting that one day I will make a complete recovery from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and intend to hit the ground running…

Psalm 68:6 God places the lonely in families’ (NLT)

No comments: