Friday, August 03, 2012

Looking for Summer

Today I met someone, and saw a very different future. Just now though I’ve been feeling like this rather ancient hawthorn, well past it’s best and somewhat windswept. But still carrying the suggestion of new growth with the late spring blossom. There’s always hope. So I keep looking for a new summer season to start in my life, despite the seemingly never ending flood of tears. And I can’t ignore my health, I’ve never been so ill with Chronic Fatigue. But enough of that, it’s time for change…

This morning I ventured out in my car for the first time in some days. A brief shopping expedition with my little boy. It’s his birthday, 25 today, all 6' 5'' of him! So we crossed tracks with a guy I’ve known for maybe 20 years, though I see very little of him nowadays. His story is not new to me, but nonetheless always inspirational. If God can do it for him he can do it for me. Why not? Yes my old friend once suffered for a number of years with CFS, quite similar to myself. He’d been working for the local church and I seem to remember became ill whilst in transition to a new career. This obviously stalled. But then quite spontaneously over a relatively short period he completely recovered his health. So much so that today he works in landscape gardening, with ongoing connections as a support gardener to the BBC in their show gardens and suchlike. All very, very physical and he’s not that much younger than myself either. So yes, I want what he’s got, good health, a career… and a wife.

Exodus 15:26 ‘for I am the Lord who heals you.’ (NLT)

No comments: