Thursday, July 07, 2011

7th July

I nearly had a lie in this morning. Although I woke as usual before 7am I decided to chill and read but an hour or so later my phone went and it turned out my parents were parked right next to me asking for an early morning coffee. So that was nice. I knew they were travelling down today as they always visit for the Royal Marines Band concert in Deal at this time of year, but I didn’t particularly expect them to visit me whilst I was still in bed. The last time that happened I suppose was when I was a teenager. And here’s me thinking I cannot become a single man like in my teenage years!

But I’m still feeling so really tired, so I’ve done almost nothing with the rest of the day. A walk in the sun along the seashore, filling up the English Channel with a few more tears, and a little shopping for the always needed ready-meal and that was it… time to crash out again. I picked up my guitar and played for a long while hoping to get in the frame and begin writing some new music. I couldn’t focus at all though so maybe tomorrow. Then I picked up my old Painting and Drawing Course book and read for a while hoping to tune into starting my art-work again. But this also felt so very difficult and I simply couldn’t face it. I don’t need to do either of these things but something inside me suggests that I might enjoy them... at the right time, whenever that is.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
‘For everything there is a season,
     a time for every activity under heaven.
A time to be born and a time to die.
     A time to plant and a time to harvest.
A time to kill and a time to heal.  
     A time to tear down and a time to build up.
A time to cry and a time to laugh.
     A time to grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
     A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
A time to search and a time to quit searching.
     A time to keep and a time to throw away.
A time to tear and a time to mend.
     A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate.
     A time for war and a time for peace.’ (NLT)

No comments: