Thursday, April 28, 2011

28th April

It’s been a relatively OK sort of day. Jane’s been fairly comfortable and we had a very pleasant afternoon together, nothing more than an increasingly addictive jigsaw though and she also had a very good night’s sleep, which has to be helpful. She’s now trying to eat much smaller meals multiple times a day which seems to be working but everything is still symptom management which although important is no real answer to Jane’s problem. How I long for God’s favour, releasing the healing power of heaven restoring us both to normal life. It’s so painful watching Jane struggling to move, she can walk barely 3 or 4 steps without succumbing to severe breathlessness and having to stop and rest for several minutes. Talking remains very difficult. And yet to look at she appears completely normal… ready to take on the world!

Psalm 13
‘O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?
      How long will you look the other way?
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
      with sorrow in my heart every day?
      How long will my enemy have the upper hand?
Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
      Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.
Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, “We have defeated him!”
      Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall.
But I trust in your unfailing love.
      I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord
      because he is good to me.’ (NLT)

No comments: