Saturday, April 30, 2011

30th April

It’s felt like a frustrating sort of day and I have to confess I’ve been a little ratty and lacking in patience though Jane sensibly put me straight! A list of domestic chores and then a queue of visitors through lunchtime brightened things up, and hey-ho we’ve finished the jigsaw. We’re not that bothered about the inevitable single missing piece… although I do keep looking under the sofa for it!  Jane remains as serene and in control as ever though and I can report that she had a good night’s sleep followed by quite a good day, she even finished her evening meal again.

Oh Lord we love you so much, you are everything to us. Help us to serve you, help us to honour your name and may our lives please you in every way.

Daniel 10:11-12 ‘And the man said to me, “Daniel, you are very precious to God, so listen carefully to what I have to say to you. Stand up, for I have been sent to you.” When he said this to me, I stood up, still trembling. Then he said, “Don’t be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer.’ (NLT)

No comments: