Sunday, April 03, 2011

3rd April Chemo Day 41

I’ve actually lost count of how many times over the past 6 years Jane has been admitted to hospital. Far too many. And despite the familiarity of surroundings it gets no easier; indeed today despite the friendliness of a nurse we first met two years ago I thought yes, we really do need to move on from this particular merry-go-round.

Jane had a relatively comfortable day and we had a particular treat this afternoon when our four adult children came to visit. It felt a little strange being all together without families in tow for the first time in ages but quite special nonetheless. Unfortunately tonight Jane began to experience a lot of pain again and has had to up the painkiller intake. Not good, but hopefully she’ll see her oncologist Monday morning and he should get things moving in a programmed way which is much better than an emergency procedure. I know that Jane needs some sort of short term procedure to get her back on her feet but other than that I really don’t want to hear what he has to say… unless it is good news.

Luke 1:19 ‘The angel said to him, “I am Gabriel. I stand in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to tell you this good news.”’ (NIV)

No comments: