Friday, February 11, 2011

11th Feb Prayer Day

A day of prayer, a day of sacrifice giving of our sustenance to the Lord that he might sustain Jane in this her time of need… a day of hope. Thank you to all who are praying and standing with us at this time.

Another reasonable night again spoilt by horrible coughing in the morning. Jane is beginning to feel really run down physically with this continual drain on her energy. She was blessed with a telephone child minding session this morning looking after our grandson whilst his mum was packing for a church weekend away. A good 15 minutes on the phone for a 2 year old is quite impressive and Jane now knows all the words to ‘Twinkle twinkle chocolate bar how I wonder.’ This evening she is in extreme pain and struggling to cope, I guess it’s time to start using morphine unfortunately. A kind friend sent us this interesting link giving us Godly insight into understanding affliction http://www.prayingeachday.org/Feb11.pdf

At our church prayer meeting this morning we had a very special time of prayer for Jane, and I was given a word that reminded me of an intriguing scripture… Revelation 8:4 The smoke of the incense, mixed with the prayers of God’s holy people, ascended up to God from the altar where the angel had poured them out.’ There are mysteries in our spiritual journey that can never be fully understood this side of eternity… why does God allow suffering? Why does God apparently delay answering the prayers of the righteous? We know that he hears our prayers; we know that he loves us with a perfect love and with infinite power he is able to heal and restore in an instant and yet our prayers seemingly remain unanswered. That is so obviously untrue and our heartfelt response has to remain one of praise and thankfulness for his goodness!

Psalm 103v1-5 ‘Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle's!’ (NLT)

No comments: