Saturday, February 19, 2011

19th Feb

What a difference a day makes. This morning, as I was getting up, just for a moment I felt a spring in my step, and then I remembered… and wondered why I didn’t feel as concerned as I should! Something comes to mind about the joy of the Lord being our strength, and the source of that joy coming from within us rather than being dependent upon our circumstances. Our journey with God sometimes turns ‘normality’ on its head. God’s ways are not our ways, his thoughts are not our thoughts and the principles of ‘the kingdom’ are very different from worldly values. Even the smallest change is enough to lift our spirits even further and today we at last found just a little relief from ill health. Some kind folk at yesterday’s prayer meeting prayed for me and I’ve felt an improvement in my own health especially in not taking any painkillers ever since then. Pray God it will continue to improve.

Jane had rather a mixed night’s sleep but then right through today she’s felt very slightly brighter and less fatigued. She’s taken on a number of small chores right through the day and with an afternoon nap seems measurably stronger. It would be great if she could make church Sunday evening.

Our cat seems fully recovered as well though at 20 he’s showing his age a little.

Exodus 15v26 ‘I am the LORD who heals you’ (NLT)

No comments: