Thursday, May 12, 2011

12th May

After a fairly good night, ignoring the 2.30am dose of morphine, Jane surprised us both by being relatively alert until after lunch. Regular medication seems to level a rather bumpy road and we’re hoping to improve this still further with the addition of slow release morphine. A visit by her GP was unavoidably challenging but nonetheless reassuring seeking to cover future problems. But it’s not easy talking through the practicalities of end of life care.

Although Jane is now extremely tired it’s been a relatively good day. Indeed I’ve now discovered a new prayer posture. Kneeling at Jane’s feet whilst massaging her swollen ankles is a wonderful way to reach out to God, asking for his mercy and healing presence.

Psalm 62:5-8
Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
   for my hope is in him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
   my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My victory and honour come from God alone.
   He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.
O my people, trust in him at all times.
   Pour out your heart to him,
   for God is our refuge.
                             Interlude   (NLT)

No comments: