Friday, May 13, 2011

13th May


So Jane now really struggles to breathe, cannot walk, can barely talk, and has problems eating and drinking. She’s suffering some pain from pressure points and fluid filling her legs and ankles. So what does she do? She remains totally at peace and I can’t recall a single complaint… aside from a few grimaces and winces when I’ve crashed the wheel chair or accidently yanked the oxygen tubing out of her nose. And there are many times when I’ve tried to be too helpful by guessing wrongly what she wants or is trying to say. I can be very frustrating at times anyway, but she remains enormously patient. I’m still a learner at this thing called life.

So, again what does she do? This morning she suddenly asked about our son-in-law’s birthday wondering if we’d missed it… always thinking of others! Anyway, turns out it was today, we’d previously sent a cash gift but no card so a text seemed a simple solution. Lo and behold they were near Derby on their way for a picnic in the countryside having a day off work. A few minutes later our out-of-town daughter was knocking on the door come for a hug! And I escaped to their car for a high-five with our 2 year old grandson! Life doesn’t get any better… does it?

Psalm 143:11 ‘For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life. Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.’ (NLT)

No comments: