Friday, May 06, 2011

6th May

So after yesterday’s slow day today’s been more of a sleepy day. Jane decided to try very small doses of morphine to control her breathlessness and it sort of works by sending her to sleep. That may help with breathing but it’s not much of a life so perhaps we can reduce the dose even further and get some sort of benefit… we’ll see. Anyway she seems relatively comfortable most of the time, but when the morphine wears off she ends up quite breathless again and just had a major coughing bout after being pretty much unable to breathe at all. Quite horrible.

Our grand-daughters came to visit again after school and that certainly livens the day up. Our ten year old will be joining her football team raising funds for cancer research in the local 5km ‘Walk for Life’ tomorrow. Impressive… although I’m not sure she’s keen on wearing pink!

Psalm 18:1-2 ‘I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my saviour; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.’ (NLT)

No comments: