Tuesday, September 20, 2011

20th September

Well yesterday I did almost nothing and today I've done less as I haven’t even driven off the campsite. I’ve seen no-one and apart from a short walk I’ve gone nowhere, spending the day mostly reading. I really need to rest and that’s what I’m doing; a complete crash from normal life. And I guess that’s what I have to have right now; time out, switched off from all concerns and almost all activity. My guitar had an airing and it was good to sing to the Lord even if I struggled to get through a song I was trying to learn, but there you go, no big deal as I’ve done worse with a sizable audience! But then I’ve been wondering about the host of heaven and how some of them may well be watching me, maybe I do have some sort of audience. I have a feeling then whenever we worship the Lord, indeed in whatever way we honour him there is a stirring in heaven releasing a complimentary act of worship there. Truly the angels join in every song we sing to God and I suspect our loved ones may know something of what we’re up to as well. Certainly the Lord watches over my every thought and deed, and every day of my life it seems is written in one of his books… today may make rather boring reading I suppose. And I do have the sense that there are those in heaven cheering me on… “Come on Dave, you can get through this! You have a life to live, things to do. A life mission to accomplish, don’t give up, don’t give in. God is bigger than your greatest need; he is your all sufficient one.” And I can see Jane at the forefront saying “Stop messing about, you know everything’s all right. I have things to do right now in heaven and you have things to do where you are. Focus upon the important, the Lord is returning soon. Do your bit and serve him and him alone!”

But I did have a few texts and phone calls bringing and sharing good news. My son has a new job starting next week and that’s great. Now it’s my turn for God favour…

Hebrews 4:9-11 ‘So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God. For all who have entered into God’s rest have rested from their labours, just as God did after creating the world. So let us do our best to enter that rest.’ (NLT)

No comments: