Friday, September 23, 2011

23rd September

So then I thought I might share one of my holiday snaps taken earlier today…



Yes, I went into Deal, for an extended time today, walking along the sea front and to the pier again. I have to park a little out of town due to the size of my vehicle but the walk is always engaging, I love the view out to sea here. It’s always stimulating, reminding me that there’s a big world out there waiting to be explored and I’ve really seen so very little of it. I find the sound of the sea, particularly on a shingle beach, to be quite relaxing and almost therapeutic. It’s my way of taking hold of the peace of God, clearing out the clutter from my mind and listening to his voice. And just like the Lord I suppose the view I saw today – ignoring the yacht – has not really changed since the dawn of time. But I have. My life changed in a major way this year when I lost my wife, it can never be the same again I know. It’s a bit broken at the moment. But it can be mended. My Father God once suffered bereavement himself as his only son was killed; he understands the sense of loss that I feel completely and their relationship had a perfection, an intimacy that no earthly one could ever aspire to. I know for sure that there is a way forward and that way is to be found, for me, only in the purpose and provision of God himself. So whatever it takes, wherever I need to be I will seek his face, his peace and his plan for my life with the sure hope that he will never turn away from me because his love is perfect. Always has been and always will be.

And Deal is a small unspoiled town, though maybe a little run down at the moment, but it is steeped in history. Some of that history belongs to my family which I know very little about but I have relatives who lived here and are now buried in local graveyards. It was my father’s childhood home and although I’ve only ever visited the place on holiday, I find it a great place to think and dream. I have to start somewhere and this is where my roots are… and where I find the peace of God at the moment.

Hebrews 13:8 ‘Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.’ (NLT)

No comments: