Monday, September 05, 2011

5th September

Well I made it and that was a surprise I must admit. I’m talking about the 7am church prayer meeting. It’s happening every day this week so I’ll see how I feel tomorrow, but today was a good start with a reasonable turnout… it felt a little sleepy though. And church is always an interesting mix of people especially on a work day when we get church pastors dressed in their usual shorts and T-shirts praying alongside a hospital consultant wearing an appropriately expensive suit! The coffee was good as well. I let go of all my church responsibilities to give Jane my full time attention a couple of years ago and have begun to start thinking about engaging again. I still feel rather drained emotionally and have to be careful physically as well but somewhere down the line I have to start doing stuff I know. And there are always opportunities to serve, particularly during the day time when most are at work. I’m sort of hoping that by praying for the work of the church the Lord will touch my heart and show me where and how I should be connecting. We all have something to offer, whether it be a little or a lot, but by giving of ourselves we gain the sense of belonging and that’s what’s missing from my life at the moment. I feel like I belong with Jane and she’s not here… I’ve been really, really missing her today.

Today was my final child-minding session for my older grand-daughters so we had a trip out to Bolsover Castle. Despite the wind and the rain on the journey there we saw the sun come out and even had our picnic outdoors which was a surprise. It feels like the end of summer, especially as the autumn colours are appearing earlier the usual, but I’m beginning to get itchy feet. I reckon I’ll have to load up my motorhome before long and go visit the coast again… at least the campsite will be quiet now the kids are back at school.

Romans 12:4-5 ‘Just as our bodies have many parts and each part has a special function, so it is with Christ’s body. We are many parts of one body, and we all belong to each other.’ (NLT)

No comments: