Friday, March 11, 2011

11th March Chemo Day 18

We feel much better today.  A pretty good night’s sleep is always welcome and as best as we can we’re working on managing Jane’s symptoms to help her get through the present difficulties. She’s coughing rather less than before which is helpful but the actual cough is still very nasty and she’s become a little breathless again today. Helping her to avoid coughing as much as possible is a priority as she has quite a bit of chest pain from this. But she’s not needed morphine today which has to be good.

One of our regular walks last year was around the grounds of Calke Abbey and as recently as last October I remember we had quite a long walk around the grounds. At that time Jane was probably stronger than me! Today Jane was determined to try and get there again which was amazing. She is really very weak and incredibly slow doing almost anything. She needed a 15 minute rest simply after getting ready to go out and when we arrived an almost painfully slow walk took us a very short distance straight to the coffee shop. Going so slow sort of suits me but it’s not the best way to stay fit. For both of us it felt very strange indeed to be out in the big wide world but in a very real way we had our taste of normality which was most welcome!

Psalm 103vs1-5 ‘Let all that I am praise the Lord; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.  Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!’ (NLT)

No comments: