Saturday, March 19, 2011

19th March Chemo Day 26

Children truly are a gift from God. In our hour of need they gather round and look after us in a way that only close family can. Last night I really felt far too tired to start cooking and then our eldest daughter called round for a brief visit and immediately offered to cook, so I raided the larder and she produced an outstanding tuna bake… quite a treat! Today our youngest prepared a very tasty veggie roast and tomorrow our other daughter has promised some sort of Loughborough fish special... accompanied by two grandchildren. Oh and I nearly forgot our son produced the most amazing Victoria Sponge a couple of days ago as well. Jane fancied Thornton’s chocs today and lo and behold they have a special offer… the cheapest box turns out to be the largest box on offer with a 50% discount. Food makes our world go round at the moment.

Life for Jane remains incredibly slow and she continues to struggle with heavy fatigue. Oxygen remains very helpful alleviating her coughing and breathing although encouragingly she was quite comfortable not using it for a couple of hours this morning. Last night she had really good night’s sleep which has to be good.

Psalm 102vs1,2 ‘Hear my prayer, LORD; let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress. Turn your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly.’ (NIV)

No comments: