Sunday, March 06, 2011

6th March Chemo Day 13

Late afternoon and a very special moment… Jane woke up! Let me explain, she wasn’t actually snoozing but to all intents and purposes for the past three days she’s been feeling so very poorly and totally out of it that she may as well have been. This morning I got up and in the back of my mind wondered if I might make it to church today; Jane got up very slowly and before long it was ‘give me a hug… don’t leave me’. I’m sure she wasn’t even thinking about church. It’s a wonderful privilege being asked for such simple comfort by someone who is so really poorly… reminds me of so many occasions when our children fell over and needed a kiss and a cuddle to mend their poorly knee or whatever. Anyway it seems that this afternoon the worst of the ill feelings have just very slightly begun to lift… and I have my wife back! We all have times when we need someone to help us, maybe a simple hug maybe… whatever! Sometimes we need to ask for help, sometimes we need to respond to a plea for help. I do not believe that God ever intended us to be totally independent of other people. Even God himself once needed help.

Matthew 27v32 ‘Along the way, they came across a man named Simon, who was from Cyrene, and the soldiers forced him to carry Jesus’ cross.’ (NLT)

No comments: