Sunday, August 21, 2011

21st August

O Lord I simply want to thank you...
for your goodness to me in every area of my life
for the rich blessings of a wonderful family
for the privilege of living in a home I own
for placing me in a country of law and order
for your provision of everything I need to live
     for your Bible and it’s teaching
for your church as a family
for friends who care
for the way you care for me even when I forget about you
for the plan you have for my life
for guiding my steps
     for the love you’ve put in my heart
for the hope you set before me
for the peace of God which surpasses all understanding
for the joy within that strengthens me day by day
for the gift of faith that I might truly believe
for your presence wherever I go
     for your wisdom when I don’t know what to do
for your understanding when I don’t understand
for your forgiveness when I go astray
for your power that conquers every evil
for picking me up when I fall down
for being my friend
For every breath I breathe my God I give you thanks.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 ‘Give thanks in everything, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.’ (HCSB)

No comments: