Tuesday, August 23, 2011

23rd August

Well it feels like I’ve been looked after today… and I needed it. This morning I took my child-minding duties off to Loughborough for a final visit of the summer to my daughter there. So again we had all four of the kids building blanket dens and getting nicely excited which made the job of entertaining them easy. Derby mum didn’t really want them staring at screens all day so she’s happy as well. My son-in-law popped in for lunch and it was good to see him. He seems to be settling in with his new job as area co-ordinator for the Church Urban Fund, and they’ve given him some very welcome extra hours to set up and manage their Facebook page. My daughter was busy unpacking after a weekend at the Green Man Festival where she had a great time with my 5 year old grand-daughter who survived some ridiculously late nights there. And they’re all off camping again to the Greenbelt Festival for the bank holiday weekend as part of hubby’s new job. I’d love to be younger and do all that sort of stuff again, but maybe I’m not that old and I do have a motorhome now…

And I’ve certainly fallen on my feet with meals at home. My son’s a great cook. Not so many years ago he would quite happily eat pizza’s every day for a week, indeed eating was seen as a nuisance  only needed to keep his strength up for clicking his computer mouse whilst playing on-line games. But not anymore, he’s decided he likes home cooking and this evening produced fish-pie followed by a giant-sized apple crumble. That’s two days on the run he’s got to grips with the kitchen and that’s fine by me. It’s all a bit random though as neither of us is experienced in the basics. So how long do you hard-boil an egg for? The internet has the answer to every question I reckon and Delia says 7 minutes which worked perfectly… though we ignored her rule that says before you boil an egg it must be at least 5 days old! We’re both waddling around feeling rather full now but that’s quite a nice feeling I have to say.

Matthew 6:25 ‘Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?’ (NIV)

No comments: