Tuesday, June 21, 2011

21st June

Another busy day… sort of, as I reckon that a few years ago before I became ill I could have completed today’s job list by mid-morning! Nonetheless it feels as though I’ve got through quite a lot. I’ve spent most of my time sorting out paperwork, creating a filing system and beginning to get my head around some unresolved financial issues connected with Jane. The major considerations of house deeds and bank accounts were easy to recognise as needing attention and easy to deal with, but I’m uncovering all sorts of things that need attention now. There’s a long way to go yet but I’m getting there.

So this morning I thought I’d walk to the nearby funeral parlour and settle my account with them. What I’d not expected to do was to come away with Jane’s ashes in a box disguised by a canvas bag. It felt so strange walking down the road with my wife’s remains in my hand and of course the tears started once again. I’ve no idea what the locals think of this strange man crying as he walks along with his shopping bag… I don’t really care either. My children are making plans to come with me to a place called Deal, near Dover in early August and we plan to scatter Jane’s ashes in the sea. We discussed some sort of memorial after initially considering a burial but this idea seemed to work best both for my children and me. Jane and I loved spending time there and a few years ago began to progress a move to live there, but negative medical reports and on-going treatment stalled our plans.

Proverbs 16:9 ‘You may make your plans, but God directs your actions.’ (GNT)

No comments: