Friday, June 24, 2011

24th June

It’s been a very quiet day and I’ve hardly spoken to anyone all day… my son said hello after he woke up and now he’s cat-sitting at my daughters for the night as she’s gone to see a band in London, and then I made a phone call to cancel Jane’s British Association of Art Therapists  membership. That was sad as she worked so hard for the qualification and never went into practice, but I can remember discussing with her on several occasions during her 6 years at university about the journey through education having intrinsic value itself and not just being a means to an end. But we were all well chuffed when she climbed on stage to receive her degree certificate not just once but twice. She would have looked well cool wearing one of the funny square hats and gowns used for a Phd!

I had another walk around Kedleston Hall grounds this afternoon and my thoughts turned heavenwards. I wondered what Jane was doing right now; I wondered what she would be wearing, where she would be living and who she would be relating to. I know there are no tears in heaven and she would now have complete understanding of why we are separated, but does she miss me as much as I miss her? Perhaps there is no passage of time as we know it, so she wouldn’t have time to miss me but anyway to meet with the Lord Jesus face to face and to share in the glory of heaven would take away every trace of pain and all concern.

I remember a year or so ago Jane felt the Lord was asking her to be one of those who helped prepare the wedding banquet for Jesus and his bride… the church. I really can’t get my head around the doctrine of that one but who knows!

 Revelation 19:9 ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!’ (NIV)

No comments: