Monday, June 11, 2012

11th June 2012

Slow progress, for sure, but I reckon I’ve turned a corner and can see daylight just ahead. Yes, recovering from a Chronic Fatigue Syndrome relapse is quite straightforward… basically do very little for a few days, and then be very picky about any stressful activity! The real challenge is in avoiding another fall into ill health when temptation to overdo things comes along. I’m not very good at that, I like to do stuff and keep busy, I hate idleness. Hey, I managed a little decorating this morning and then went shopping. So two jobs in one day is pretty good at the moment. But it’s not enough, as at the moment my list of things to do is getting longer and longer. I’m just not catching up on the work around my home. And that is so frustrating.

Somehow I need to reach out to God for grace and wisdom to live today and find a way forward. I can’t imagine living without hope and for me that needs to be a tangible hope, not a figment of my imagination or even an intellectual reasoning. I’ve walked with the Lord for almost 30 years; the reality of his presence has been proven time and time again with so many answers to prayer. My faith in God is certain, and anytime I need to understand his way of doing things I simply open my Bible. I trust that more than any other book ever written. And I trust the person of God more than any other, so I have a simple rule… I have determined to live my life in accordance with scripture; anything contrary to God’s word is not of the Lord.

Isaiah 42:16 ‘So I will lead them along paths they had not known before. I will guide them on roads they are not familiar with. I will turn the darkness into light as they travel. I will make the rough places smooth.’ (NIV)

No comments: