Wednesday, June 06, 2012

6th June 2012

We ignore warning signs at our peril. Whether they be placed on a crumbling sea wall or in the never ending battle for health. Even today I made a simple mistake, sort of, yes a lovely sunny afternoon and a weather forecast that seemed to suggest the possibility of showers, though of course I missed the thunderstorm bit. A gentle and pleasant 3 mile stroll around Kedleston beckoned as my friend and I considered the European economic crisis and the work of God in the world. What’s that? A very light shower barely touched us through the heavy tree canopy in the woods… but then a prolonged thundering cloudburst changed our ideas completely. We’re neither of us young enough to have left full wet weather gear at home so it was no real problem, just not a lot of fun. But we never saw it coming.

Just like my recent holiday; I so much want to leave my grief journey behind, and I felt so good, so of course wrong expectations grew too soon. So today I remain in the deep waters of recent bereavement. It feels recent anyway, and 12 months is not really that long for sure. I totally refuse to live here forever though. I’m gonna learn to swim, live and love my life once again.

Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.’ (NLT)

No comments: