Friday, May 18, 2012

18th May 2012

Sometimes we really need to take a break. So now I’m back camping in Martin Mill, trying hard to relax after a four hour motorway journey. It felt more like fourteen though, really boring on my own, and I felt so tired after the first hour I even stopped for an early lunch. But there you go, I made it, and all I have to do now is… nothing. For at least a week, maybe longer. Yes, my plan is to seek the Lord, to wait on him as it were. This is a challenging week, not just for me but also my children. It’s just not easy for any of us and I’m so grateful they ‘allowed’ me to come away to find space. Back home I’m carried along by their love, 200 miles away I have no plans to meet anyone, though that could change. Basically though it’s just me and God. Time to pray, time to listen, time to heal.

I still feel nervous, wondering what the Lord might do as I give him this time. Maybe nothing obvious, nothing tangible, nothing easily definable. Or maybe everything, a new direction for life, a new purpose, a release into his calling, whatever. It’s not for me to determine what the Lord should do; my role is to seek him and then respond to whatever he sets before me. But I am absolutely confident that as I reach out to him, he reaches out to me. He never leaves us empty handed.

Deuteronomy 4:29 But from there you will search again for the Lord your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him.’ (NLT)

No comments: