Saturday, May 05, 2012

5th May 2012

On days like this I spend my time dreaming of heaven. Yes I’m missing Jane; my life is so very empty without her. I try to keep busy, thinking positive thoughts and focussing upon the Lord; it’s just that my heart is filled with love for this special woman and I have no way of sharing it with her. I can’t buy her flowers, give silly little surprises and no more whispered sweet nothings. I’m not sure if I was ever any good at any of those things, but I tried. I miss her beautiful smile. And Friday nights are rubbish… for decades Jane and I would enjoy our ‘date night’ every single week, almost without fail. Every night is the same nowadays.

I wonder what graduation day in heaven will be like. I’m so glad I walk with the Lord and have complete assurance of my place in eternity. Anyway, a few years ago I enjoyed a special encounter with the Lord, one of many, and on that occasion I was crying out to God for his mercy and a healing miracle for Jane. There were angels present and one spoke to my spirit. I was given very clear instructions to leave Jane in the Lord’s hands, as she belonged to him. I guess that, understandably, I was trying too hard to save her life. I’m glad I did, but ultimately Jane belongs to the Lord and never to me, and he is sovereign over all. My task was, and is to seek his purpose and pursue his pleasure. Today he has rewarded Jane with her prepared place in heaven, but I’m so grateful that he allowed me to share my life with her for almost 40 years first.

So when my day arrives and I take my own step into eternity I have complete confidence that Jane will be part of my reception, though truthfully, my focus will remain totally upon the Lord Jesus. Meeting him face to face will be truly awesome! As for Jane, well like any really close friends who’ve been separated for some time I’m quite sure we’ll simply pick up where we left off, as if we’ve never been away from each other. How are the kids? Did you look after Jacob (the cat) properly? I hope you put some serious colour into the hall when you decorated! Now tell me about your new friends… anyone special I should know about? Oh yes, she says, now I have a whole queue of my friends waiting to say hello… here’s your grandad for starters. My oh my, doesn’t he look young!

1 John 5:13 I have written this to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know you have eternal life.’ (NLT)

No comments: