Monday, May 28, 2012

28th May 2012

I love it when my world is at peace. Perfect sunshine and not even a sea breeze, so the English Channel is almost like a millpond. Yes, I’ve had another beautiful walk, this time heading north along the coast, and I’ve discovered these coastal walks are called the Saxon Shore Way. I suppose they might as well call it something to add a cultural flavour, though Harold lost his eye some distance away in Hastings. But there’s a sign close to Deal that claims Caesar landed his Roman army somewhere near there. And of course Henry VIII built a chain of castles to defend the coastline. I quite enjoy history even though I get muddled up, but there’s certainly plenty to engage with around here. At this moment I’m looking over the Dover cliffs and can quite clearly see France, though I cannot imagine what my dad went through living here during WWII when enemy guns were firing from the corresponding cliffs. We live in a privileged place in the world at this time in history when today’s news is filled with stories of atrocities in the Middle East and suchlike.

But though we may escape armed warfare in our homeland for a season, life still has it’s challenges for us all. God willing I seem to progressing through my bereavement journey and for the first time can see light at the end of the tunnel. It’s been a tough few years, and I’m so grateful that the Lord is with me, no matter what I face. His peace means everything to me, no matter what my circumstances. And this holiday has done me the world of good, I feel like a different person, though returning home will be the real test of course. Back to my decorating project and gardening. All very mundane, though I am booked into a church conference run over a few days at the end of this week. It’s a prophetic school entitled ‘Knowing the Voice of God’, so that should be a good refresher!

John 12:28 ‘Then a voice spoke from heaven’ (NLT)


No comments: