Tuesday, May 29, 2012

29th May 2012

All good things come to an end. Or do they? Well my holiday’s about to finish, as I need to return home tomorrow. But that’s ok as it’s been the longest I’ve been away from home for a number of years, and I’ve had a really good time. I was rather unsure about making this trip, considering the obvious focus upon the anniversary of Jane’s death. And I’ve very much been hoping that after a year of prioritising my grief journey I might begin to move on which is a big ask for sure. So my photo today was actually taken right at the beginning of my break, and it obviously features a fishing boat. A working vessel in what for many is seen as a holiday destination, though Deal is certainly not a tourist hotspot by any stretch of the imagination! My point is that even though I’m certainly on holiday and enjoying the relaxation, I primarily came here to meet with God; to step away from my normal surroundings, and do business with the only one who can truly mend my life again. And I reckon he’s doing a good job…

I suppose I ought to be feeling lonely, as aside from brief conversations with my campsite neighbours, the only other people I‘ve  conversed with, in Deal, have been the supervisors at the self-scan checkouts. I always seem to break them. There have been lots of mobile calls though with mixed news from back home. So my son was told last week that his work contract would definitely end in about a month, then this week they’ve informed him they now have funding until next February! But I do seem to remember having a few words in prayer on the subject. And my eldest daughter also successfully interviewed for a new job as well, so that’s all very good. I like good news. And so I really don’t feel at all lonely, despite being alone for 12 days now, the Lord truly is my close companion and he is changing my heart as I spend time with him. It’s hard to put into words, but I guess I’d say that I just feel more complete as a person. More than at any time in the past 12 months for sure. Though still some way to go I’ve made progress and that’s good. And I don’t want that to end either.

Psalm 16:8 ‘I know the Lord is always with me’

No comments: